The government announced on Friday that existing vehicles with regular number plates will now be allowed to be converted into Bharat Series (BH). This has been done as a part of measure to widen the scope of BH series ecosystem.
MoRTH has also received several representations towards strengthening the BH series, over the course of implementation of BH series registration mark rules.
Here are 5 things that you need to know
- Existing vehicles with regular registration mark will now be converted to BH series, eligible or ineligible for series.
- Vehicles currently having regular registration mark can now be converted to BH Series, subject to payment of requisite tax which facilitates person who eventually become eligible for BH series registration mark. The road tax for these series is for a minimum of two years or multiples of two, based on the state.
- The Ministry has also proposed an amendment in Rule 48 to ease the process process for applying the BH series either at home or place of work
- The government emloyees can submit their Service Certificate to obtain BH series registration mark.
- Working Certificate to be submitted by private employees has been futher strenghthen to prevent misuse.