The government of Delhi has decided that people will not be able to buy fuel without Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC) at petrol pumps from October 25.
The ministry discussed this issue on September 29 and decided to go ahead with the plan.
The government will also launch 24X7 war room on 3 October to overcome pollution and ensure effective and serious implementation of GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan). They'll also launch anti-dust campaign will be launched in Delhi from 6th October, where sudden inspections will be conducted.
If you'll be caught without a valid certificate, owners may be fined up to Rs 10,000 or six months of imprisonment.
Get PUCC certificate online or offline:
- Visit www.parivahan.gov.in, the official website of Ministry of Road Transport and Ministry
2. Navigate to Parivahan section and enter last 5 digit of vehicle chassis number.
3. Select PUC certificate and download it.
- Take your vehicle to nearest emission centre
- Get your emission level checked
- Pay the fee and get PUCC certificate.