Gone are the days when you needed to make multiple phone calls and wait for the surveyor to survey your car before buying or renewing motor vehicle insurance. Now you can simply leverage Acko to renew your car or bike insurance from the comfort of your home. You just need to fill up the information online without worrying about hard copies or any other offline formalities.
Here is the step-by-step guide to renew motor vehicle insurance on Acko.
Go to CarInfo App
- Open the CarInfo app and click on Car Insurance or Bike Insurance.
2. Enter your vehicle number and verify all the details of your vehicle.
3. Now, it will show the prices of Comprehensive and Third Party options.
4. Fill up all the relevant information including Name, Email, Phone Number, and resident PIN code to click on the Continue button. You will receive an OTP.
5. Fill up the OTP and click on Pay to complete the transaction.
- After filling vehicle registration number, Acko will ask whether you use it for personal or professional use to optimise the best insurance plans for you.
- Fill up your PIN code of residence. Also mention whether your vehicle has an external CNG kit or not.
- After filling up all the details, it will show the motor vehicle insurance options to renew your vehicle insurance instantly. You can also increase or decrease the insured Declared Value (IDV) of your vehicle. However, increasing the IDV will also increase the premium cost of your vehicle insurance.
- You can select your insurance option from Comprehensive, Zero Depreciation, and Third Party. It is recommended to go with Zero Depreciation insurance cover to avoid any financial liability in the event of any damage to the vehicle.
You can also add Additional Covers at nominal cost with the vehicle insurance policy including:
- Personal Accident Cover
- NCB Protect
- Personal Accident Cover for Passengers
- Road Side Assistance (RSA)
- Engine Protection
You can choose from the above-mentioned options based on the conditions in which you drive your vehicle. For instance, if you live in coastal areas where flooding is a common sight, it would be wise to add an Engine Protection cover to avoid huge financial loss due to the flooding of the car engine.
After deliberating all the options, click on the Buy Now button to complete the transaction.