What is FASTag?
FASTag is an RFID tag pasted on your car windshield allowing you to drive through the NHAI FASTag lanes (at NHAi Toll Plazas) without having to stop to pay the toll taxes.
Zip through tolls like a VIP
What is the validity of a FASTag?
A FASTag is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase. You can recharge or top-up the FASTag as per your requirement during this validity period.
What if I don't have a FASTag?
You will have to pay double amount of the toll fee at plazas if you don't have a FASTag. Also, you can't renew your car insurance without a FASTag.
I have two vehicles, can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
No, you need to have two separate FASTag for each vehicle.
How much time it will take to deliver FASTag ordered from CarInfo app?
FASTag can take upto 2-3 business days to be delivered within Delhi NCR.
For Outside Delhi orders, it will approximately take upto 6-7 business days to be delivered.
Why is my FASTag Hotlisted?
Fastag gets Hotlisted because of the negative balance in your tag. you need to recharge the wallet linked to the tag.
What will happen if I don't complete to activation process?
After the Fastag purchase, Our Activation Team will reach out for the process. If you don't respond to activation process till 7 days then the order will be cancelled and amount will be refunded to your source account. Five rupees will be deducted as Order Holding fee Rest Amount will be reverted back in your account.
How do I use my FASTag after purchase?
- To affix the FASTag on your vehicle, remove the adhesive strip and place the tag carefully on the centre of your car's front windshield from inside.
- Once the FASTag has been placed on the windshield, do not take it out as it may destroy the magnetic strip. Do not use cello tape or other adhesives to stick the FASTag.
- Maintain sufficient balance in your prepaid account. The applicable toll amount will be automatically deducted from your prepaid account at the toll gate.
- You must use special lanes dedicated for FASTag at the toll plaza.
Note: Toll charges vary based on the vehicle type and toll plaza.
How Can I check my FASTag Balance on Carinfo App?
You can check your FASTag Balance on CarInfo app by following few steps:
1. On Homepage, Click on 'FASTag' option from the services tab
2. Click on 'Check Balance'
3. Click on Add vehicle button on right side.
4. Go Back and there! on Top You will see the balance
When will my FASTag be blacklisted?
In case your balance is less than FASTag minimum balance amount, your tag will be blacklisted at NPCI end. You need to maintain minimum balance amount in order to keep your tag active.
How do I Reactivate my Blacklisted Fastag?
1.You will have to speak to the bank to check the reason for the blacklist; it can either be due to KYC (documentation issue) or Low Balance (Crossing tolls with negative balance).
2. Bank will advise you reason and they will need to get blacklist cleared, if document issues, you will need to send those; if negative balance issues, you will have to recharge and get blacklist cleared.
3. Once done, you are free to use any fastag.
I have purchased a new car, how can I activate my FASTag without RC?
You can purchase FASTag at the time of activation. You can scan the RC invoice which you received at the time of Car purchase and enter chassis number to proceed further.
Once you receive your RC, you can update by contacting us on [email protected] for the same.
Enjoy your Hassle Free Travel!